I know I got super excited about practicing the guitar when I made my practice plan last week, but ultimately that both muddied the entire plan AND was pointless because I am not and do not plan on being a guitarist. I would like to be a little better, but not nearly enough to do the work to become so.
As such, this week is a return to just a mandolin practice plan.
Practice Plan for 06 November 2022
No lesson this week. I moved to every-other-week lessons at the end of October.
Playing With Others:
Last week I went to the Wake Up Rounder jam at Tomorrow’s Verse. It was ok, but not quite my thing. This week is Taborgrass, so if I do go to a jam during the week it will just be supplemental.
1) New Material
- Take a Sniff on Me (The Cocaine Song)
- Amazing Grace (I just need to learn all tue words)
- Fare Thee Well, O Honey (Dink’s Song)
- Cripple Creek
- Bill Cheatham
2) Developing Material
- Bluebirds Are Singing for Me
- Bury Me Beneath the Willow
- Road to Columbus
3) Performance Material
- Jenny Jenkins
- Clinch Mountain Backstep
- Whiskey Before Breakfast
- LH position (Sill struggling with this, but could be cleared up once I have my forever mandolin)
- Double stops (again)
- Bluegrass box (exploring other solo shapes)
- Transposing (using the key signature spinner)
- Standing while playing
- Ear training
- Writing: Dollar Store Frankfurter